www.flickr.com
Lullaby Couture's items Go to Lullaby Couture's photostream

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Weekly Etsy Feature: Half Stitched


I found a wonderful little shop called Half Stitched on Etsy to feature this week! Alician is a very talented designer, and I just love her little shop. I will be putting her fabulous paperclips on my Birthday wish list!  She's also a fellow Texan, which makes me love her shop all the more :) Everyone, meet Alician, owner and designer of Half Stitched! ~~~Laura

In Her Own Words:

I was a store manager for a popular home goods retailer for over 7 years. I was finding myself very unfulfilled and decided to leave. Right around the same time the economy decided to tank. I found myself stuck between a rock and a hard place, only being qualified for what I was doing but did not want to do that anymore. So, I decided to return to school and finish my degree. Since I had a lot of time on my hands I started to finally use the sewing machine my mom had gotten a few years back. She had helped me make a dress once but, for the most part I am self taught. I made a few dresses for my nieces and got great feedback on them. A family member suggested I try to sell them and told me about Etsy. I had never heard of Etsy prior to last June. I looked into it and fell in LOVE! Since then it has been completely awesome meeting and reading about other crafters and how they operate. I've really enjoyed putting myself out there. Etsy is always exciting and new and full of great people. Everyday I'm thinking of new ways to grow my business. I would love for it to one day support me, or at the very least pay off my newly acquired school loans :0)




Next on my list of things to tackle is learning how to use my Grandmother's Serger she left me. It's old and in need of a good cleaning but I am excited about the possibilities.



Thanks so much,

Alician
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment